GALLOWAY RECYCLE SPORTIVE
Numbers will be issued at registration -
Entrants will be asked to complete a card to carry with them showing emergency details, including an event emergency telephone number.
Start and finish for all routes is Kirkcudbright Church Hall in St Mary Street and will be clearly marked and marshalled.
There is a choice of three routes: 78 miles, 67 miles and a shorter 30 mile route.
Feed stations will be set up along the routes and food will also be available at the finish.
Every entrant will receive a certificate showing his/her finishing time.
Support vehicles will be on patrol in case of problems.
Registration is at Kirkcudbright Church Hall:
For the long and medium distance routes registration will open at 0745, with riders starting between 0830 and 0900. The majority of riders start at 0830
For the short route registration will open at 0900, with riders starting between 0930 and 1000. The majority of riders start at 0930.
Finish cut off time is 1500 at Kirkcudbright Church Hall.
A broom wagon will pick up stragglers if required.
Riders should follow the large fluorescent yellow arrows and the route marshall’s directions.
First aid kits will be provided at feed stations and public toilets can be found in New Galloway, and Castle Douglas.
Please download the appropriate map from The Routes page of our web site.
Comply with the Highway Code at all times.
We recommend that you wear a cycling helmet.
Do not ride more than TWO abreast.
Share the road with other traffic.
If you see an accident: stop, offer assistance and call the emergency services if necessary.
Kirkcudbright Rotary Club does not accept responsibility for loss or damage.
Terms and Conditions of Entry for the Event
By applying the following Terms & Conditions of Entry, The Rotary Club of Kirkcudbright aims to
ensure the non-competitive cycling event run under its regulations offer an enjoyable and safe
experience for everyone involved. In order to ensure a level of safety for participants as well as
other road users and members of the public the following Terms and Conditionsof Entry shall apply:
* Participants will be responsible for the roadworthiness and safe working order of their own cycle.
* The use of triathlon handlebars or other bar extensions is not permitted for safety reasons.
* No accompanying vehicles are allowed to follow riders. Any participant failing to observe this
regulation will be withdrawn from the event.
* I understand and accept that this event is not a race or trial of speed, but a personal challenge
and as such there will be no list published which sorts riders either in finishing time or finishing
* An alphabetical list of finishers and times will be published.
* I accept and understand that as the event takes place on the open road I must abide by the
Highway Code at all times. I am aware that when riding on a public highway the function of marshals
is only to indicate direction and that I must decide whether the movement is safe.
* The wearing of Hard Shell Style Helmets shall be compulsory for riders under the age of eighteen.
Riders over eighteen are encouraged to do the same.
* All participants under the age of sixteen shall have had a consent form completed and must be
accompanied on the ride by a parent/guardian.
* I understand and agree that I participate in this event entirely at my own risk, that I must rely on
my own ability in dealing with all hazards, and that I must ride in a manner which is safe to myself
* I accept that if I do not abide by these terms and conditions that the organisers will make all
reasonable efforts to remove me from the event.
* I agree to abide by the regulations.
* I agree that no liability whatsoever shall attach to The Rotary Club of Kirkcudbright, event sponsor,
or any event official in respect of any injury, loss or damage suffered by me in or by reason of the event,
unless such injury, loss or damage is proven to be caused by the negligence of the aforementioned.